Rider Profiles

Friday, September 28, 2007

Lookout Below!


After I did Cottonwood Pass (12,165 ft.) on Saturday, Independence Pass (12,095 ft.) on Sunday, climbed three 14'ers on Monday (Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Cameron, Mt. Bross), I had to go to Denver for work. That's a bummer, but I did the MUTs there on Tuesday and Wednesday with a co-worker Chris from D.C. who had a Dahon breakaway. He's a Cat 4 racer back east. On Thursday after our conference was over, Chris and I pedaled from downtown Denver to the top of Lookout Mt. 56 mile roundtripper. Great views of metro Denver and Boulder (in the background).
Finished the trip off with an ascent of Flagstaff Mountain on Friday. BRUTAL!! Brought me to me knees with several 15% grades. I thought I was in shape until it humbled me. No pix, too busy panting. After I got thru with Flagstaff, I had enough of grades and thin air, headed back for the flatlands. GREAT TRIP tho! We should all do the Triple Bypass next year.

No comments: