Rider Profiles

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Swanson Sunday

Big turnout today at Swanson. We had six people racing-Jeff, John C., Pete, Andy, Ted and myself. Great day for racing-course was dry (even dusty), and it seemed that every one in Omaha showed up. Jeff and John did well in Beginners (don't know exact placing, but they seemed satisfied), and Pete won his division of 45+ Beginners. He would have done well in any of the Beginner classes based on the time I saw. Second race featured Sport and Expert classes. Difference in speed between them is remarkable-I was turning over lap times averaging 25:30, while Kent McNeill (overall winner) was running 21:00. Ted finished well in Sport Open, placing 18th out of 30; Andy rode a great race and ended up 7th in Open. I rode Sport Really Old Guy division (45+) and finished 2nd out of 11 (nosing out Mark Brackenbury by 4 inches). I was 42 seconds behind the winner.

Pete took some pictures at the race-hope he can post them soon.

No comments: