Rider Profiles

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Boulevard Cup

I went down to KC last weekend and raced in the Boulevard Cup. If you're thinking about trying cross and go out of town, that's an excellent race, as it's well organized, and has free beer--Boulevard is a sponsor, after all--and food. We had great weather. I competed in the master 45+ race which was combined with 35+ and 55+. A group of five got a great start and opened up a gap in the first lap. I got trapped behind some slower people, so had to work hard to get up to a faster group (not the top five, however). I opened a small gap between me and some chasers, but they worked together to catch me. Five of us stayed within 5 seconds of each other until the last lap. I made a move to escape from the others, really pushing it in corners and any uphill sections. I dropped three of them, but the fourth stayed on my wheel, and outsprinted me for 3rd in the 45+, so I ended up 4th. Would have been nice to make the podium in this race, but the result is still pretty satisfying.

No comments: