Rider Profiles

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Saturday night's all right for sprinting!



A snappy outfit garners El Guapo style points

during the GoldSprints event at Bike Way!












Yo,


Some club members (Fred, Gene, Glenn, Andy, El Guapo) came to the Bike Way on Saturday for the initial GoldSprint indoor bike racing. This was an interesting experience and might not be my bag. I matched up against Aaron in the opening match, thanks to Fred for signing me up.
They said it was a 100 yd sprint, racing against each other on the bike and seeing the progress on the big screen computer. Something was screwed up tho, and we ended up doing the 800 yard race. So, I blew up thinking I only had a 100 yard race. We later raced again and Aaron dusted me. Good thing tho, I think getting eliminated early meant I didn't blow chunks like many racers did later. They had big yellow 5 gallon buckets next to each bike to hurl into.
Andy, Glenn and Gene all did well. Fred and I got tossed early, mostly cuz our feet unclipped during the race. Give it a try!

1 comment:

mathguy said...

No thanks-blowing chunks isn't my style.