Rider Profiles

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Velo Veloce Exposed (Uncut)


OK. Pete (aka El Guapo) beat me to this. However, this is how things really went down.

I was travelling down Highway 36 on a ride in an early morning attempt to exorcise the rain demons from my soul, when I noticed a highway patrol hidden on the roadside. Fearing that he would issue a citation to me for clearly violating all speed limits within the continental U.S., I attempted the humility approach and gave the officer the three fingers Velo Veloce handle bar wave (Randy previously instructed me as to the proper use of this technique). He responded with the two fingers One Adam 12 Officer Malloy wave and I could detect I smile behind his mirrored Ray Bans. Having dodged that misfortune, I immediately looked forward….before me this appeared as the Holy Grail…… Obviously, the protector. I travelled the next section with a proud smile on my face and a warm appreciation for the Velo team and their support to the community in this section. It should be note that there are no other sections on Hwy 36 that have an Adopt-a-Highway sponsor. Well done Velo Veloce.

1 comment:

El Guapo said...

Nice blog, Cervelo 1. You didn't leave the trooper any of your donuts, didja?

As the Wednesday Night World's paceline was hurtling westward on 36th last night, I screamed out "everyone take a look at this blue sign coming up." Got lots of chuckles and comments. They're jealous, of course. Too bad the State didn't put the letters in orange font for the ultimate Velo effect.