Rider Profiles

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

RAGBRAI 2010 Junior Velo Ride Report


Simone leading the velo wolf pack down the left lane at RAGBRAI

Averaging 20mph, Simone leads the pack past all the sweathogs and beerbellied old men. Leaving them in the dust she could be Alberto Contador's daughter; sharing the same talent and speed he has. After pit-stops at turkey tom's and hard work I spent the rest of the day with my bestfriend Maddie at Storm Lake Water Park. As I shot out of numerous slides I was finally starting to feel my sore legs. But pain is my friend and has no effect on me what-so-ever. That's right I'm daddy's little girl. The next day we continued our 20mph pace on the miles of flat highway. I have to admit that passing people like they're standing still brings a smile to my face. But so did the finish as I coasted into the final town. It was a fun trip and I don't think I would have wanted to do it without my friend Maddie. I can't wait for next year!

No comments: