Rider Profiles

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Crits and Bits

Pic: Pedro votes two thumbs up for TT review.

Day 3 recap: For some odd reason, the Men's 45+ Cat 4 omnium was based only on the road race and TT events, not the crit too. Ahh, that's sad.....NOT. You know how I hate crits. So, I finished the omnium in third place based on my 1st place TT and 9th place RR. Cashed in some more hardware (3rd place bronze medal for overall...real cool) and a big ass jar of GU2 powder for swag.

The Crit: I told myself the goal was to finish and NOT WRECK, since the crit didn't count towards anything omnium-wise and it was unlikely I would compete for 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the crit. I finished 18th out of 27, but the race was marred with accidents. Two unlucky souls got carted off on stretchers into the ambulance and straight to the hospital. Do not pass GO and do not collect Primes. Poor guys. The previous race also had a junior wipe out in the same exact location and fracture her clavicle...sound familiar Speed Queen??

So, great weekend of racing. Lots of hardware and swag. Lots of props from the Colorado riders for a flatlander coming in and ruling the TT. Heard some guys behind me in the neutral RR rollout say "some dude from Nebraska won the TT. We Googled him last night." Guess they were worried about me in the RR too.

Sitting in Estes Park drinking coffee at Long' Peak Coffee Haus. Gonna do Trail Ridge Road tomorrow for FUN! (12,189 ft.). See ya back in the 'hood soon! Adios!

No comments: