Rider Profiles

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Marian Cross Country Missile


As the lactic acid burned my muscles after each stride, the only thing on my mind was the finish. I had to think about what I truely wanted. At the moment, all I wanted to do was collapse but what I really wanted in the long run was to go out with a bam! I wanted to get the best time of my life considering this was the most important race of my life. Only the elite were there. The best runners from the best schools in Nebraska, and I was one of them. I needed to prove so. I got 34th overall in the Girls Class A State championship and finished 1st for Omaha Marian. I also had the best time of the season for Marian (16:08). My next goal--break 16 and get into 15 minutes. Since I'm a freshmen, I'll have three more years to do so. Go Marian Crusaders! Back in the hunt once again!

No comments: