Rider Profiles

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cornhusker State Games

Great day for the club-1 bronze and 4 gold medals. Pete Duryea won the Men's cat 4 (fourth fastest time of the day!), Fred Galata won the Men's 55+ (third fastest time of the day!), Zach Lau won the Junior Men's 13-15, I won the Men's 45-54, and Jackie Wethor was 3rd in the Women's cat 4. John Dean finished 6th in the Men's 55+ (Merckx style-no aero equipment). Strangely, Jackie and I both had higher average speeds over the 24 miles than last week's 10 mile TT.

On a personal note, I have to thank Jackie for fixing my position, at least within the limits of the equipment I have (need to address that). One of my goals as a cyclist was to do something equivalent to a sub 1-hour 40 km TT. I averaged 41 kmh for 38.6 km, so I think I can check that one off.

No comments: