Rider Profiles

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"...let's start from the very beginning..."

If you can't smile going uphill , in a headwind, with a broken clavicle, "..than you ain't no friend of mine...". The Top Songs on the 1st ride after 7 weeks of domestic boredom-if you got rhythm: 5) Low Rider, 4) Dance to the Music (esp. the Da-Da-da -Bump bump part, repeatedly), 3) I'm All Shook Up, 2) Walk This Way, 1) your choice. Things were sensing my injury and weakness: *pretty butterflies would not get out of my way, *turkey buzzards moving in quick, *double -take looks by cyclists glaring at my E-Rock jersey with doubt. Despite this, I gave thankful smiles to all who shared my path. Like pistons my legs were pumping again. Like a predator in pursuit of its prey. RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE! The trail bridges rattled me a bit, but I held on loosely and faired pretty good. That's when the song "All Shook Up" played into mind. Passed a truck parked in a back lot that asked "Got Junk?"printed in big bold letters on the side. I took that as a personal insult and went faster. I asked permission from my right clavicle ( okay that's strange, but it works) if I could try and put full weight on my wrist. She said "Oh yes, please do". I asked her if I could go down in the drops for awhile. Again, she she said, "Well, yeah, you know you and I both won't know till you try". I then asked if I could at least, just once, rip it and go all out...she interupted me at "rip it", and said "Listen y0u m*$#%@whatthe*@*#do you think you're doing here if...!" That was the nicest thing my clavicle said to me in 7 weeks. So I shut up and let her rip. The weeds and familiar Bellevue stench was never so sweet. It felt so good to get my groove on and ride (my) bump baby. Was even great to get passed by others. However, succumbing to nice folk took a toll on Miss Clavicle; she said to knock it off, and let the burn penetrate till you make a change, and turn things around in your favor. It wasn't Colorado, but it was a start..."Who Do You Love?...."

2 comments:

Shtevo said...

Oh, Yoohoo!?!

Sounds wonderful!!! Gogetem! The ERock will be there when you get there...

Steve-o-reeno

Shtevo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.