Rider Profiles

Sunday, July 17, 2011

OCW/CSG Time Trial

We had great team participation at the Omaha Cycling Weekend/Cornhusker State Games Time Trial Saturday, with at least 8 riders competing (sorry if I miscounted!), out of 90+ riders. We had 4 medalists for CSG: Pete won the 50+ Masters, I was 2nd in the same group, Christyn Stumps was 3rd in the 50+ cat 4 women, and Shells Lau was 3rd in 40+ cat 4 women. It was a bit ridiculous for Pete and I to compete in the same category, since either one of us wold have easily won the cat 4 men, earning another gold medal for the team. A gold and silver is not too bad either...

Pete had the 3rd fastest time of the day over all of the classes, while I had an excellent day and had the 8th fastest time. The course was a bit of a change from other TTs, with 7 corners in the first 5 miles, a fast descent (I hit 40 mph on it), and a small hill with 2.5 miles to go. Pete's performance was no surprise, since he's one of the best time trialists in Nebraska, but I can attribute the course to my good day. With all of the changes in speed, and the false flats and climb in the second half of the race, it suited my style of riding.

No comments: