Rider Profiles

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ragbrai 2011 in the books


Simply Simone!

There are many pros and cons to the annual Ragbrai event. A few of the cons include the embarassing cyclist tan one will get after hours on the bike, being cut off in the left lane by Clysedales, and how can one forget the dreaded recumbents blazing down the hill with that arrogant smug look on their face as they pass you (the look is returned by me as I speed past them up the hill ;). But all in all, the pros outway the cons. The delicious and reasonably priced Farmers Bros. burritos are one of them. Also on my list of favorites is the ice cold watermelon sold by the locals. Their is debate to whether it is truely ice cold or not but it definitely is delicious. And although I'm not old enough to experience the multiple beer gardens, I'm sure that is one of the highlights of Ragbrai for the old goats. Even without my winggirl, Maddie, Ragbrai was a great experience as always. Ragbrai 2012, here I come!

No comments: